welcome.

hi my name is katie and this is my blog. i'm a child photographer based in sunny los angeles, california. you can visit my website at http://www.clairealysephotography.com, and you can email me at katie @ clairealysephotography dot com. thank you for stopping by. sit back, relax, and enjoy the view...

Saturday, June 13, 2009

new ventures...

I applied to donate my time, my camera and my heart to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. They have a panel who reviews your application. I should find out in 4 to 6 weeks if I've been accepted. I'm a bit nervous. But I've been thinking about it a lot over the last 6 months or so.

I feel like when my daughter Claire was born 2 months early by emergency c-section I narrowly escaped *the worst thing ever*. It certainly was a thought in my mind. Oh the terrible what-ifs. So I'd like to comfort those who's terrible what-ifs came true, and I want to give back by doing the one thing I'm really good at. I may not be the best mother, or friend, or daughter, or employee, I never put my laundry away, I don't recycle, I don't cook, or pray, I forget birthdays and I drink more than my share of wine... but I'm a damned good Photographer. So, that's what I'm going to do.


katie davies
los angeles child photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment